Golden Living GLC - Dietary / Dining Aide - Valparaiso in Valparaiso, Indiana
GLC - Dietary / Dining Aide - Valparaiso
Position GLC - Specialist Dining Services 1
Req Number DIE-18-00495
Division Golden LivingCenters
As a Specialist Dining Services 1 at Golden LivingCenters, you'll have a lot on your plate but will be immersed in a supportive and collaborative work environment to help you serve our patients' every dietary need and desire. What distinguishes Golden LivingCenters is our unique ability to ensure our patients feel at home, and there is nothing quite like a home-cooked meal to hit that spot. In this role, your work will lead to tasty and nutritious meals for our patients in accordance with prescribed resident diet specifications. Maintaining an interdepartmental and collaborative work environment will guarantee your success in effectively implementing individualized nutritional plans and ensuring personalized and holistic care for our patients. Help deliver our promise of an extraordinary experience for all of our patients as one of our Specialist Dining Services 1.
If you have an appetite for quality living and great food, then this may be an amazing opportunity for you. We are seeking individuals with vast culinary experience who know how comforting, inspiring and rejuvenating a tasty and healthy meal can be.
Create a positive experience for customers including residents and employees.
Responsible for providing excellent customer service, quality product and presentations while maintaining food safety and health code standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Assist with preparation of food as directed
• Assist with meal service and delivery of meals and snacks
• Assist with set up of dining rooms and other hospitality areas
• Clean service wear and maintain sanitation as assigned in the department
• Support dining room programs and other hospitality areas
• Follows Company, Local, State, and Federal guidelines for Food Safety, Food Handling and Required methods of Documentation.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
• High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
• Minimum one (1) year food service experience, preferred
• Meet all local health regulations
• Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
• Ability to operate food service equipment
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal, reading and writing skills
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
• Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice are committed to enhancing the lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And, we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's background or level of experience. From where you work to how you work to everything in between, we're confident that at Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in your career.
Location218 GL - VALPARAISO
Facility NameGLC - Valparaiso
City State and ZipValparaiso, IN 46383
Shift Various Shifts
Category Dietary & Dining
Open Date 11/9/2018
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.