Air National Guard Units SUPV IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) in Terre Haute, Indiana
THIS IS AN INDIANA NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION
This position is part of the IN 181st Intelligence Wing,Indiana National Guard under Position Description Number D2170P01.
If you would like the complete list of duties, please contact the POC of this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
- Manages, plans, organizes, controls, and directs the communications activities for the Wing and Base to ensure mission accomplishment and optimum use of resources.
- Coordinates communications activities and projects with other concerned agencies and organizations. Determines goals and objectives for the organization.
- Coordinates with support organizations to assure an integrated approach to solution of problems.
- Ensures formulation of comprehensive training plans for each function and specialty within the C4 and logistics activity.
- Monitors and controls the daily expenditure for material and manpower resources in accomplishment of peacetime and wartime mission goals.
- Develops an IT acquisition process, which satisfies the provisions of the Information Technology Management Reform Act (ITMRA) while incorporating the Air Force Corporate Process and the DOD Acquisition structure.
- Ensures all support agreements and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), are appropriately coordinated and approved.
- Works under the broad and general direction of the Administrative Officer (Support Officer).
- Prepares and maintains files and publications in accordance with current directives to include both paper and electronic media.
- Coordinates with higher headquarters (HHQ) elements, Program Management Offices, Specific System/Hardware Support Elements, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) vendors
- Responsible for safety conditions, procedures, and work practices employed within the community.
- Provides input to and coordinate on relevant support agreements that require section support to make sure they correctly identify products and services needed.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies, reviews technical periodicals, publications, commercial standards, and attends seminars.
- Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits. Resolves identified discrepancies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
- Analysts, Applications
- Applications Analysts
Conditions of Employment
- REQUIRED TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN CERTIFICATION. CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS ARE OUTLINED IN DOD INSTRUCTION 8570.01-M
- Conducts travel to and from offsite worksite(s) from the normal work area to performassigned duties. This may include Operating Locations (OL) and/or GSU. Due to distances involved, travel may involve one or more overnight stays.
- Must be certified IAW DOD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996 and current AF directives.
- National Guard Membership is required. If you are not sure if you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, and your organization.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
MILITARY GRADES*:*O3 thru O5
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS*:* 17DX
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
Experience in the same line of work can only be credited on the basis of a regular 40-hour workweek. Hours per week MUST be documented on resume to receive any credit.
After appointment, reassignment, change to lower grade or promotion through an Indiana job vacancy announcement, an employee must wait at least 18 months before applying for another technician position. This does NOT INCLUDE Temp appointments (Tenure 0) or Temp Promotions. If you would like to request a waiver, download the memorandum fromhttps://gko.portal.ng.mil/states/IN/JFHQ/J1%20HRO/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx* OR contact the POC if needed. Waivers will only be considered by the Human Resources Officer on a case by case basis AND MUST be submitted with your application.*
THIS MEMORANDUM MUST BE ROUTED AND SIGNED AND APPROVED BY YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND WITH THE HRO AS THE FINAL APPROVAL IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED AS A VALID DOCUMENT.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Administration and Management, Information Analysis, and Information Resources Management (IRM)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Other supporting documents if required and/or applicable: DD-214, SF-15, any other documents, etc...
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10393146
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
IN 181st Intelligence Wing 800 S Petercheff Street Terre Haute, IN 47803-5000 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521130600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 01/09/2019 to 02/08/2019
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Salary: $87,252 to $113,428 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time