Robinson Lumber Company Hardwood Lumber Grader in New Albany, Indiana
Robinson Lumber Company is looking to hire a full-time Hardwood Lumber Grader at our facility in New Albany, Indiana. Primary duties and responsibilities include consistent and accurate grading of lumber. A successful candidate must be NHLA certified or have equivalent experience and have the ability to work in a team oriented, fast paced work environment.
This is an opportunity to join an established family company in an entrepreneurial stage of its long history, and for a motivated individual to grow both personally and professionally. The new generation of family ownership places no limits on leaders, regardless of last name, and the company’s most successful people aim to spend the rest of their careers here, forming tight personal bonds with their colleagues.
• Visually inspects lumber according to species, grade, and dimension;
• Uses NHLA lumber grading rules to inspect lumber;
• Able to re-manufacture and upgrade lumber to increase value
• Control quality and productivity throughout the inspection process
• Communicate quality issues with other team members
• 3+ years experience
• Experience with NHLA rules
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Ability to work well with others with excellent attendance record
This is not an entry level position and will require proven competencies. This is a full time position with a competitive wage and benefits.