Altra Industrial Motion Quality Technician in Michigan City, Indiana
QUALITY TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION-GUARDIAN COUPLINGS
SUMMARY The purpose of the Quality Associate is to test and inspect products at various stages of the production process (incoming inspection of products to finished goods). Compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties. The success of the person in this role is vital to the continuous improvement efforts in the area(s), as well as the success of Guardian Couplings to meet and exceed customer expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty above standard expectations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications. Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, micrometers, CMMs.
- Read blueprints or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures and calibration processes required.
- Record inspection or test data.
- May be required to spend limited time on an alternate shift(s) for training and understanding of daily priorities.
- Will assume lead role for their area/shift in addressing any quality concerns or defects that may develop throughout the shift.
- May assist and govern the training of all new associates to ensure consistency and transferred understanding. Training will include measurement methods, gage use and care. Understanding the first piece process. Completing the necessary paperwork.
- Will lead by example and provide coaching to all associates as needed to ensure quality products are produced. Examples include but are not limited to: safe work practices, time management ('buzzer to buzzer' work performance), adherence to the plant work rules, and quality processes.
- Interface with the Cell Leader(s)/Leader(s) to pass on relevant information.
- Subject to standard overtime scheduling and rotation. Overtime may become mandatory, per company policy, at the discretion of the Quality Control Manager.
- Other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Read blueprints
- Understand various measuring devices such as rulers, gauges, calipers, micrometers, CMM
- Basic math skills
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Common sense
- Ability to prioritize
- Exceptional integrity
- High degree of professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Lead by example
- Positive role model
- Area expert
- Team player
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CREDENTIALS High School Diploma or GED required. Must be considered current 'expert' in the area and considered a "Champion of Lean." REQUIRED previous knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques used to verify product conformity, effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Key Performance Metrics
Safety Product quality On-time delivery Productivity
LANGUAGE SKILLS The ability to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, safety rules, quality instruction and process documentation, operating and maintenance instructions, technical and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions verbally and in written form.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Michigan City, IN
Job Type: Manufacturing QA - Quality Control
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 8/10/2018