Performance Food Group Yard Driver in Kendallville, Indiana
CDC IN Warehouse (0158)
The Yard Driver is responsible for moving tractor trailers to/from the loading docks and parking loaded or empty trailers in designated areas. The Yard Driver will transport tractor trailers to offsite maintenance and/or inspection facilities requiring local city driving. All driving is expected to be completed safely in accordance with all Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Responsible for fueling, moving and parking tractors and trailers to the docks and parking the loaded or empty trailers in the designated areas. Requires attention to safety and cautious driving in the facility parking lot. The Yard Driver communicates and interacts with co-workers and vendors professionally ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work methods and customer service practices. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
• Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
• Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
• Safely move trailers to/from loading docks and to/from designated parking area.
• Handle and return all necessary paperwork related to offsite maintenance and/or inspection facility interactions.
• Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
• Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
• At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Address Line 1:
2930 Performance Drive
Kendallville, Indiana (IN)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy at http://pfgc.com/Policy ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster at http://pfgc.com/Poster and supplement at http://pfgc.com/Supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement at http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency .
• 1+ years Foodservice distribution industry experience
• 1+ years driving tractor trailer expereince
PFG Customized Distribution meets the special needs of some of America’s most recognized national chain restaurants, including Cracker Barrel, TGI Friday’s, Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster and Ruby Tuesday. Providing customized attention and a centralized contact for product lines, menu changes and account coordination, PFG Customized Distribution serves customers across the United States and in more than 40 countries.
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check.
Does not require a CDL license
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs