Lincoln Financial Group Sr. Life Underwriter - CRUMP Team in Indianapolis, Indiana
Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Austin, TX (Texas); Bakersfield, CA (California); Baltimore, MD (Maryland); Baton Rouge, LA (Louisiana); Birmingham, AL (Alabama); Boise, ID (Idaho); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Buffalo, NY (New York); Canonsburg, PA (Pennsylvania); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Chicago, IL (Illinois); Cincinnati, OH (Ohio); Cleveland, OH (Ohio); Columbia, SC (South Carolina); Columbus, OH (Ohio); Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Dallas, TX (Texas); Deerfield Beach, FL (Florida); Detroit, MI (Michigan); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Durham, NC (North Carolina); Edina, MN (Minnesota); Edison, NJ (New Jersey); Ellicott City, MD (Maryland); Fayetteville, SC (South Carolina); Florence, SC (South Carolina); Fort Lauderdale, FL (Florida); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Fort Worth, TX (Texas); Gainsville, FL (Florida); Glen Allen, VA (Virginia); Glendale, CA (California); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Houston, TX (Texas); Huntsville, AL (Alabama); Indianapolis, IN (Indiana); Irvine, CA (California); Jacksonville, FL (Florida); Johnson City, TN (Tennessee); Kansas City, KS (Kansas); La Jolla, CA (California); Lexington, KY (Kentucky); Los Angeles, CA (California); Louisville, KY (Kentucky); Lutherville, MD (Maryland); Madison, WI (Wisconsin); Memphis, TN (Tennessee); Miami, FL (Florida); Milwaukee, WI (Wisconsin); Minneapolis, MN (Minnesota); Nashville, TN (Tennessee); New York, NY (New York); None; Norwood, OH (Ohio); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Orlando, FL (Florida); Palm Desert, CA (California); Paramus, NJ (New Jersey); Parsippany, NJ (New Jersey); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Pittsburgh, PA (Pennsylvania); Plano, TX (Texas); Plymouth Meeting, PA (Pennsylvania); Portland, ME (Maine); Portland, OR (Oregon); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Raleigh, NC (North Carolina); Richmond, VA (Virginia); Rochester, NY (New York); Rockville, MD (Maryland); Rolling Meadows, IL (Illinois); Rye Brook, NY (New York); Sacramento, CA (California); Salt Lake City, UT (Utah); San Antonio, TX (Texas); San Diego, CA (California); San Francisco, CA (California); San Ramon, CA (California); Schaumburg, IL (Illinois); Scottsdale, AZ (Arizona); Seattle, WA (Washington); Southfield, MI (Michigan); St. Louis, MO (Missouri); Syosset, NY (New York); Tampa, FL (Florida); Toledo, OH (Ohio); Tupelo, MS (Mississippi); US All Regions (Excluding Colorado); US Midwest; US Northeast; US Southeast; US Southwest; US West (Excluding Colorado); Vienna, VA (Virginia); Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia); Walnut Creek, CA (California); Washington, DC (District of Columbia); Westlake Village, CA (California); White Plains, NY (New York); Windsor, CT (Connecticut); Woodmere, OH (Ohio); Work from Home (Excluding Colorado)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Underwriter, you have the responsibility of underwriting individual life insurance applications up to $5,000,000 on a cross functional underwriting team. In the underwriting capacity you have the responsibility to evaluate risk to determine individual’s insurability adhering to medical & financial underwriting guidelines.
• Evaluate and handle all underwriting aspects of formal & informal life insurance applications.
• Underwrite cases with a graduated amount limit up to $2,000,000 to age 70 with less than 5 years underwriting experience and up to $5,000,000 to age 85 with 5 years or more of underwriting experience.
• Identify trends/issues and offers the best underwriting solutions.
• Provide second signature review & training of less experienced underwriters.
• Work on assigned projects pertaining to underwriting and enterprise initiatives.
• Understanding of sales themes and concepts of varying levels of complexity.
• Understand underwriting policies, guidelines, practices and procedures, and has the ability to influence and champion changes to improve processes while maintaining mortality expectations.
• Responsible for technical underwriting knowledge of the Swiss Re underwriting manual.
• Distil complex medical and financial information and communicate that information in a clear and understandable way to the satisfaction of the end customer.
• Interpret documents such as policies, proposals, claims and financial reports.
• Use Underwriting platform to conduct business.
• Interact with customers to enhance relationships.
• Visit offices and meets with agents when they come to Home Office.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt and customize content and communication style to fit a variety of specific external and internal target audiences such as: agents, brokers, distribution partners, and all levels of employees.
• Ensure effective communication and collaboration among all stakeholders during implementation
• Coordinates stakeholders to reach decisions and keep time lines on track
• Advises stakeholders involved in underwriting process regarding specific product questions and issues Reads and is familiar with general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
Compliance Duties and Quality Standards
• Demonstrate dependability, flexibility and sound judgment by adhering to schedules and meeting all productivity, quality and performance standards as well as taking ownership for your actions
• Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines
• Ensure proper guidelines are followed in accordance with company policies, procedures
• Complete all regulatory and job training requirements
Education & Experience
• Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
• Underwriting including medical, non-medical and financial risk selection; educational concentration in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
• 3 - 5 Years of experience with underwriting Individual Life Insurance products that directly aligns with specific responsibilities for this position.
• Spanish speaking skills highly preferred
• Expertise in analyzing and interpreting complex financial documents including profit/loss statements, income statements, and balance sheets.
• Expertise in estate growth calculations and life expectancy calculations.
• Intermediate proficiency in: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• A demonstrated track record of working with minimal supervision, being a self-starter and working with others in a team environment
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Lincoln Financial Group Jobs