Children of America Preschool- Lead Toddler Teacher, IN in Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Description: Preschool - Toddler Teacher
Children of America (COA)
It's a special recipe of people, principles and pride that makes the COA rich in diversity and strength. COA is an organization that understands the value of its people; one that prides itself on support, collaboration and cooperation and one that recognizes and appreciates the strengths that each associate brings. We provide an environment where team members can bring their whole selves to work, and where individuality, creativity and contributions are valued. The COA family is a passionate group of individuals driven by the common idea of delivering the exceptional COA Experience to everyone.
For more than 20 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare leader among parents and colleagues. Our childcare classrooms are safe, nurturing environments for children six weeks to five years, offering age-appropriate, play-based opportunities for exploration and discovery. From infants to toddlers, preschoolers to kindergarteners, our highly trained teachers lead each child to reach developmental milestones, preparing the children for social and academic readiness.
Children of America is seeking kind, imaginative, and experienced Preschool Toddler Teachers. This warm and patient individual should have a passion for the Early Childhood Education field and use creative methods to teach our young ones. Our Toddler teachers are professionals that nurture young minds while maintaining a happy, healthy and safe environment. On a daily basis our Toddler teachers create and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans to children 15 months to 24 months and foster consistent open communication with parents about progress, schedules, and individual achievement.
The Toddler Teachers responsibilities include:
- Create learning spaces that support and enhance curriculum activities.
- Implement COA's curriculum in a way that is consistent.
- Adapt your teaching style as needed for each child.
- Come to work on time and ready to give 100% every
- Work encouragingly with your team to achieve the center's goals.
- Continue to deepen your knowledge of COA's curriculum and implement it in the classroom.
- Learn to use the technology and systems needed for your job
- Anticipate what the classroom, center, or your co-workers may need and follow through without prompting.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Must meet and follow all City and State licensing requirements.
- Preferred: An education related degree (Bachelors, Associates or CDA)
- Minimum CDA or currently attending ECE classes
- One-Year of child development experience in a licensed day care center.
- Commitment to Professional Development.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
_THE BENEFITS OUR CAREER PROFESSIONALS ENJOY: _
- Internal Company Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Discount Employee Childcare
- Recognition Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision + 401(k)
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- Paid Vacation/ Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
- _T.E.A.C.H Scholarship Partnerships _
- Employee Referral Bonus
Perks at Work: exclusive savings for employees to 1000's of merchants
Children of America is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Job Start/End Date: 13-Jan-2021 to 14-Mar-2021 (EST)
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time