Guidehouse Lead Quantitative Modeler - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Coordinates with the other Lead Modeler on the communication and information flow with stakeholders. Responsible for working with the modeling team in the development new models and enhancing existing models. Employ the use of sound economic theories, statistical methods and risk modeling techniques in developing and enhancing models. Monitors the execution of the models and manages the documentation process. Reviews the modeling code and output and provides feedback for enhancements/revisions. Collect, test, clean and combine data from multiple systems and assess data quality, consistency, and completeness. Summarize statistical findings and provide written products of various types, including tables, charts, short summaries, as well as longer analytical memos and model documentation. Provides daily status updates to the program manager and passes on the feedback to the team. Responsible for overseeing the team of quantitative modelers ensuring quality control of work products and performing initial reviews of deliverables.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or in a related field; Advanced degree and/or CFA/FRM preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
· Experience leading a team and providing direction to staff.
· Proficiency with SAS, and at least one other statistical analytic tool such as R, Phyton or MATLAB.
· Expertise in applying statistical approaches including, but not limited to, ordinary least squares (OLS), logistic and survival models.
· Experience as an applied economist or econometrician, in the application of statistical methods with a large amount of economic and loan performance data.
· Demonstrated experience in developing econometric and/or cash flow models for large financial asset portfolios.
· Ability to apply academic research to econometric and modelling issues and present concise explanations of output.
· Experience drafting reports on various economic and financial topics for internal and external audiences.
· Experience training/communicating/briefing at the corporate/senior leadership level.
· Ability to work with in a team with varying skill and knowledge levels.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Advanced degree and/or CFA/FRM preferred
US Citizenship Required
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Guidehouse Jobs