R.T. Moore Company, Inc. HVAC Service Technician in Indianapolis, Indiana
Are you known as an excellent all-around Technician? Do you enjoy solving problems and saving the day for the customer? Are high pressure sales not your thing?
Then the HVAC Service Technician role at R.T. Moore might be a great fit for you!
R.T. Moore is hiring for a HVAC Service Technician position. This position entails a service background and a passion for helping customers. At R.T. Moore you have a take-home truck and enjoy an environment of no pressure sales but the opportunity to earn incentives.
Install, maintain, and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical, and electrical components.
• Perform residential and commercial service calls independently with high accuracy.
• Appropriate identify problematic calls and utilize Service Superintendent as needed for efficient time and cost management strategies.
• Communicate with the dispatcher at the beginning and the end of every service call and any schedule changes throughout the day. Ensuring team productivity is being observed.
• Understand and display compliance with R.T. Moore quality standards and best practices.
• Ensure the service vehicle provided will be clean and well maintained with the appropriate parts stocked and well-organized ensuring that parts used will be traced daily.
• Prompt submission of accurate and legible service invoices and time sheets.
• Available for nightly and weekend on call fulfillment on a rotating basis.
• High school diploma or GED.
• EPA certification required; NATE certification preferred but not required
Experience: 5+ years' experience in the service field. Boiler and commercial experience and rough in experience a plus.
• Work Ethic: Demonstrated solid work ethic and proven high-quality work
• Initiative: Must be able to anticipate and proactively address issues before they arise to achieve the best possible outcome for the company and the customer.
• Attendance: Consistent attendance and arriving at required start times.
• Language Skills: Effective communication skills with high emphasis on conflict resolution ensuring customer care in a team environment. Must be able to read and write with the ability to understand blueprints and schematics.
• Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to make educated decisions and call resolutions.
• Computer Operations: Basic computer skills necessary with ability to send and receive emails.
• Working conditions: Will be exposed to changing weather conditions, for instance; rain, snow, wind, cold, heat.
• Work Environment: Must be comfortable working in the following environments: outdoor weather conditions, very loud, attics or crawl spaces, wet or humid conditions, working near moving mechanical parts, possible inhalation of fumes or airborne particles.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday must arrive at first call by 8am. End time varies depending on completion of scheduled jobs. On call rotation is mandatory. Some mandatory Saturdays or Sundays depending on work load.
Must be able to climb or balance for at least 1/3 of your work day. Capable of lifting at least 100 pounds. Can continuously lift to 50 pounds or more for over 2/3 of work day. Constant lifting or carrying of items.
Capable of heavy physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
Street: 6340 La Pas Trail