Heritage Environmental Services, LLC Fixation Material Handler - This Position Qualifies for a Referral/Retention Bonus in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Health/Dental, Vision,Critical Illness, Accident, Life, Disability, 401K with company match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Bonus Program
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Operates a wastewater treatment dewatering filter press to separate solids from liquids.
- Performs job in a safe manner, following all safety procedures.
- Ensures each press is performing efficiently by checking flow meters and gauges on input lines to each press.
- Checks and changes filter for each press on a regular basis.
- Performs light maintenance on the press including checking valves or eye-bolt catches on an as necessary basis.
- Responsible for keeping press area, walls, pipes and floor in a clean and safe condition.
- Position handles hazardous materials and will often require use of PPE: Boots, Gloves, Suits, Eye/Ear Protection and Respirator
- Operate fork lift or similar machinery
- Understand and follow related state and federal rules for waste management
- Maintain Operating Logs
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to company success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is Heritage's expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of company endeavors.
Education:High school diploma or its equivalent required.
Experience:1 yr of related experience and 24-40 hour HAZWOPER certification preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Ability to understand hazardous waste compliance standards (RCRA) and safety regulations (OSHA). Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirator and lift 60 lbs.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran