Thompson Thrift Design Project Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana
Watermark Residential is seeking a Full-Time Design Project Manager to work out of the corporate office in Indianapolis, IN. As the Design Project Manager, you will focus on our Luxury Leased Home (LLH) division with responsibility for the overall vision of each LLH project.
As the Design Project Manager, you will work closely with the Watermark Preconstruction Managers, Estimating, and the Director of Resident Experience to ensure that the exteriors and interiors of the project are attractive, cohesive, function well and are of good value to our residents.
• Responsible for overall vision of LLH projects including exteriors and interiors. • Oversight of all finish selections, and manages/ maintains the LLH finish standards. • Coordinates closely with the Interior Design Manager. • Works with all design, development, construction, and property management to balance the look, function, and economics of every decision. • Helps with drawing correction meetings with QC and warranty: ◦ You will help implement any associated design changes.
• Manage prototypes: ◦ Anytime something changes via RFI, QC or global update, you will discern which projects under construction and design could benefit from the change.
• You will need to be engaged by the development team very early on in the design cycle of a project to conduct research, do site visits and field questions regarding architectural style, product type, amenities, design elements that should be incorporated. • Reviews Initial Site Plan. • Conducts meetings with our Resident Experience Director, and facilitate the implementation of design changes through the Preconstruction Managers and Owner’s Representatives. • Facilitates all “global update” drawing changes that need executed.
• 20% travel with potential for overnight trips.
• Knowledge on architectural design, style, and products. • An eye for detail on colors, finishes, style, and scale. • Must have a wide range of knowledge on landscaping, interior design, architecture, MEP equipment, construction assemblies. • Curious in nature. • Ability to balance the needs and wants of multiple groups.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, or Architecture required. • Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction or design with a preference on multi-family.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily ‘to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.’ As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our construction teams work in a driven, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?