VCA Client Service Representative in Indianapolis, Indiana
Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA West 86th Street Animal Hospital is a well-established, General practice in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Client Service Representative
We are seeking an experienced Client Service Representative to join our team.
At VCA Animal Hospitals, we take our mission statement – your pet’s health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal – very seriously. With every opportunity, we aim to exceed each pet owner’s expectations.
We’re looking for a personable yet highly professional “service extraordinaire” to join us in delivering our mission to our clients and their pets.
Why We Need You
As the face of VCA, the Client Service Representative sets the tone for the practice as we build and maintain each customer's trust and confidence in our abilities. The CSR is the pivot around which the hospital operates and is responsible for:
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms.
• Scheduling and confirming appointments.
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients.
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments.
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions.
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control).
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
• Hospital maintenance (including removal of animal waste) and ensuring that facility is neat and clean at all times—both inside and outside.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!