Community Health Systems Registered Nurse- ICU (PRN, Per Diem Tier I) in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Under the immediate direction of the Team Specialist/Team Leader or other designated clinical management as assigned, functions as a clinical nurse mentor/preceptor with responsibility for the delivery of individualized, effective nursing care to a module of patients.--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse;
· BCLS within 30 days of hire
· ACLS within90 daysof hire
· TB Consortium certificationwithin 180 days of hire
· AACN EKG within90 daysof hire
As demonstrated through progression of the clinical ladder behaviors.
Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates/Bachelor s Degree in Nursing from an
accredited school of nursing.
· Must complete Advanced Critical Care Nursing class within 1 year of hire.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
1) Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
2) Demonstrates strong working knowledge of interdisciplinary planning, as well as nursing practice
procedures, equipment utilized and applicable regulations. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines
for those applicable to area of assignment.)
3) Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs,
comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult,
geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary
plan of care. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for ages of patients served in area of
4) Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to assess, develop and implement
individualized plans of patient care/education in changing patient and module situations through the
recognition of actual and potential problems, patient/family involvement, and the collection of data
related to unit nursing care concerns.
5) Requires leadership skills in order to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding nursing issues,
participate in unit based decision making and support changes made.
6) Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in order to
establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external unit
customers, as needed.
Tier 1. MINIMUM PRN REQUIREMENT, BASE HOURLY RATE (NO PREMIUM)
1) Must be available to work a total of at least 36 hours per 6 week schedule; to include 2 potential weekend shifts
2) Must be available to work 1 scheduled holiday per year;
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Intensive Care / Critical Care
Organization: Dupont Hospital
Location: IN-Fort Wayne
Requisition ID: 1812739