First Internet Bank Careers in Fishers, Indiana
About the Role:
The Business Development Officer (BDO)/Senior BDO will develop contacts and leads to generate Small Business Administration (SBA) loan financing for business customers. The BDO will build and develop profitable specialty finance lending relationship with new and existing customers. He/She will generate business leads via cold calling, networking, existing customers/contacts, affinity groups etc. in order to develop SBA Lending opportunities. In order to best serve the customer, the BDO will consult with customers to best understand their business practices and to identify their financing goals/needs. The BDO will promote First Internet Bank products and services to customers to best meet the needs of the customer and the Bank.
- Execute departmental strategy in order to sell Government Guaranteed Loans (GGL) and other applicable banking products/services to small and medium-sized businesses
- Work with a network of referral sources, brokers, etc. for sourcing deals
- Maintain knowledge of economic trends for industries, business and franchises for target marketing
- Maintain up to date knowledge of GGL requirements
- Obtain appropriate information for initial credit underwriting
- Collaborate with credit analysts to structure financing proposal for the applicant
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of financing within the supervision of the VP, National SBA Sales Manager
- Assist in obtaining information necessary to close the loan
- Represent the bank professionally
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to Five years of commercial credit or commercial relationship experience
- In order to function as a Senior Business Development Officer, a BDO must have had $15,000,000 in production volume from the year prior – a SBDO will begin at a heightened tier on the commission plan
Working Conditions / Demands:
- Professional office setting.
- Primarily sedentary position requiring long periods of time working at a computer.
- Must be able to move throughout the office and buildings to obtain or relay information.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Why First Internet Bank?
First Internet Bank is full of talented, imaginative, hardworking folks who enjoy being a part of something meaningful. Our employees come from diverse backgrounds and reflect a blend of proficiencies that help create an effective, dynamic working environment throughout our organization.
Our benefits package promotes wellness and growth while supporting the balance of our employee's personal and professional lives. We're committed to our employee's health from day one. Full-time employees and their qualified dependents are eligible for benefits including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account with employer contributions and matching, Flexible Spending Account(s), Critical Illness, and Voluntary Accident Insurance beginning on their first day. Employer-paid benefits including Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and Life and AD&D insurance are offered to full-time employees at no cost, with the option add additional Life and AD&D coverage.
Full-time employees are eligible for three weeks of paid time off plus ten paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings with employer matching, tuition reimbursement, business apparel allowance, and paid volunteer time.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Women, Minorities, Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Job Location: First Internet Bank of Indiana-Fishers - Fishers, IN