TEKsystems Network - Telecom Engineer in East Chicago, Indiana
• The Network-Telecom engineer will design, configure, coordinate, and participate in the installation of all network-telecom infrastructure equipment (access points, routers, switches, voice gateways, etc.).
• This position requires lifting and installation of network infrastructure equipment (access points, routers, switches, and UPSs) in offices and on the plant floor.
• The Network-telecom engineer will be required to wear PPE ( Personal Protective Equipment) as needed in some locations within the plant. This typically includes Safety glasses, hard hat, steel toed-metatarsal shoes, and long sleeve shirts. Some locations require specialized clothing (fire retardant and/or arc proof) clothes and/or use of gas monitors. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
The overall job will be geared toward projects such as wireless, switch replacement, network redundancy, and drawing updates. This individual will be responsible for writing up the job scope including the type of fiber needed, specs, budget, etc from a pre-existing model.
"• Minimum, two years’ experience with Ethernet LAN (Local area Network) topologies.
• Minimum two years’ experience with TCP/IP protocol.
• Experience with Category 5e and Category 6 cabling, including terminations, standards, and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with Fiber-optic cabling, including terminations, standards, and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with Cisco wireless access points, routers, and switches.
• Experience with Cisco VOIP phones.
• Experience with Microsoft Visio.
• Knowledge of PC hardware and software especially communications software.
• Strong analytical capabilities.
• Ability to learn new technology quickly.
• Ability to plan and set direction.
• Demonstrated teamwork/interpersonal skills.
• Project management and planning skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
"• Proficient at configuring Cisco wireless access points, routers, and switches. Includes development and implementation of features that optimize network communications.
• Experience with wireless networking including site surveys in large buildings, warehouses, and Wireless LAN controller setup-troubleshooting.
• Development of SOW (Statement of Work) for networking projects, including site surveys for cabling, switch and router specifications.
• Experience with Cisco voice gateways.
• Proficient using Microsoft Visio to create network drawings.
• Experience with HP Node Manager, PRTG and SolarWinds network management tools."
You will complete drawings in MS Visio so having experience in this is also important.
design, installation, data communications hardware/software, Ethernet LAN, Wireless, WAN networks, TCP/IP protocol, Cat 5e, Cat 6, terminations, Cisco, VOIP, Routers, Switches, Fiber-optic cabling, troubleshooting
Top Skills Details:
2 years of experience with TCP/IP protocol and specific knowledge in the physical layer, which the protocols in this layer include Ethernet for local area networks (LANs). They expect 2 years of experience with Ethernet LAN (local area Network) topologies
Cat 5 and Cat 6 cabling - terminations, standards, and troubleshooting
Fiber-optic cabling - terminations, standards, and troubleshooting
Cisco routers, switches, wireless access points, and VOIP systems
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
The candidate must be self sufficient, have ability to learn new technologies, demonstrate a heavy amount of teamwork, strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills, strong analytical capabilities and ability to plan and se
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs