Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Senior Mechanical Designer in Crane, Indiana
Senior Mechanical Designer
Full Time / Part-Time
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGNER (F3007-20-1075-F):
Bowhead seeks a Senior Mechanical Designer to join our team in Crane, IN at the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Crane Division. The Senior Mechanical Designer must have expert level skills and experience with both CREO applications and Windchill tools from the
Essential functions will include:
• Consulting with various stakeholders on how to maximize the capabilities of both tools to create highly robust systems models and data management unions addressing both current and possible future requirements on multiple fronts
• Simplifying 3-D model creations
• Conducting studies to determine production feasibility and engineering analyses
• Creating production costs reductions based on models creation and manufacturing approaches
• Creating both Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOMs) and Engineering Bill of Materials (EBOMs)
• Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) for Maintenance/Troubleshooting/Training
• Complying the requirements of contracting Technical Data Package (TDPs) (Production or Level 3s) and CAD TDP contract language
• Supply, logistics, and contracting considerations where possible
• Developing and presenting high quality presentations conveying the capabilities and accomplishments for the Government customer and other entities
• Consulting and assisting on identifying and developing the best approach structure in and exploitation of Windchill capabilities to support the various aspects of CM, DM, supply/logistics, contracting, and other system level Product Life-cycle Management
(PLM) considerations to form a complete overarching System level approach as they may evolve establishing a robust, well integrated, and highly flexible/capable data structure bringing a high value on return of upfront investment and yielding an exemplary
Program Life Cycle Management system
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required in addition to at least eight to ten (8 to 10) years’ experience with Windchill and CREO applications
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In
furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants,
based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
- UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41