Baxter Windows Administrator/Technical Analyst in Bloomington, Indiana
*Windows Administrator/Technical Analyst Baxter International Bloomington, IN
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Provide 24-hour support for network and server environment in which computer-based equipment is involved in pharmaceutical manufacturing. Administration of Windows 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003, 2000, and NT servers, Cisco network support, SAN storage, backup and recovery, Citrix and VMWare and control software troubleshooting and design modification. • System monitoring, patching, and troubleshooting support. • Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finishing personnel to install, configure, and maintain their systems.
Critical Administration/Analytical Responsibilities*
• Assists in the design, development and support of the systems in response to business requirements. • Day-to-day support of server and network systems responsibilities. • Provide Level 2 Helpdesk Support • Participate in design, development, implementation of solutions involving multiple platforms and multi-tiered architectures. • Produce, follow and enforce Quality Assurance standards to deliver stable, reliable, and highly available solutions. • Conduct on-going assessments of existing platforms/architectures; make recommendations to keep commitments to these technologies functional/current. • Implements/uses fact-based metrics to continuously improve on quality/efficiency of solutions, assure business-value delivery.
- Experience, Knowledge, Skills*
Progressive Experience with installation and support of Windows OS including Server 2016. Design, implementation and support of VMWare vSphere 5.5 and higher. Server builds and maintenance following best practices Deploying system/security patches Knowledge/experience with Data Center management, maintenance and best practices DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP network protocols and Wireless communications Basic firewall principles. Extensive exposure to evaluation, selection, adoption and management of new technologies and related infrastructures. Knowledge of incident, problem and change management policies/procedures within staff and organization. • Strong understanding of/experience with, service-based organizational environments. • Proven participation in successful IT projects, implementation, upgrades and regular support activities.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience)
• Ability to work on-call 24x7 as part of a weekly rotation • Minimum 3 years of relevant technical experience. • Technical certifications preferred from Cisco, Citrix, Microsoft and VMWare
Experience with Windows clustering a plus Experience with Citrix is a plus Programming/Scripting experience a plus Experience with SAN, Backup/Recovery a plus Experience with SCADA systems a plus Experience in maintaining quality documentation required in a 21 CFR Part 11 compliant environment a plus.
Physical / Safety Requirements*
• Frequently required to sit, stand and use hands to perform data entry • Occasionally required to perform simple grasping, use hands for fine manipulation, and to reach above shoulder level and under desks. • Need close vision and ability to adjust focus. • Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. or more.
A Career That Matters* Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy *Reasonable Accommodations* Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Global Information Technology - Operations
Title: Windows Administrator/Technical Analyst
Requisition ID: 18000A7X